Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Status: Part-time, Exempt Position
Location: Northern New Jersey
Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey is a non-profit philanthropic organization dedicated to
creating a vibrant Jewish community in northern New Jersey. Federation cares for those in need,
deepens engagement in Jewish life, and strengthens the bonds among Jews in northern New Jersey area, in Israel, and around the world. Its primary functions are community planning and allocations, financial resource development, and leadership development.
The Missions Coordinator is responsible for proactively engaging and working with staff and lay leaders before, during, and after missions. This will allow Federation to increase the number and types of missions offered to the community. Working in concert with the Annual Campaign and other Federation staff, missions will be developed and offered to different segments of the community.
Examples of missions may include:
• Women’s Mission
• Men’s Mission
• Major Gifts Mission
• Family Mission
• Emerging Philanthropists Mission
• Community Mission
• Board of Trustees Mission
• Law Enforcement Mission
• Other specialized missions
It is expected that more mission opportunities will engage a wider variety of individuals with Federation and create stronger philanthropic ties to our organization. Missions will be planned and executed with local communities, the Federation office in Israel, and other partner agencies such as JDC and JAFI. The Coordinator will be responsible for interacting with Federation staff and lay leadership, the Israel staff, vendors, and related agencies worldwide. Key elements of this position will be planning and implementing missions in Israel, internationally, and the United States. In addition, the Coordinator will work with Major Donors to plan individualized VIP travel. The Missions Coordinator will work with land and air providers, travel agents, and marketing and business partners.
• Work with Federation staff and lay leaders to develop and implement missions to Israel,
overseas, and domestically for different constituencies and interest groups.
• Proactively engage and work closely with mission chairs, professional staff, and lay leaders in all
aspects of missions.
• Handle all aspects of mission logistics and itinerary development, including advising and/or
arranging flights, hotels, guides, site visits, speakers, ground transportation, food arrangements,
• Work with mission-related vendors including travel agents, land and air providers, agency staff
in cities overseas, and food vendors at various mission stops.
• Work with Federation staff to ensure overall Federation goals are met by each mission.
• Work with Marketing Department to create materials and resources for missions.
• Work with related Federation staff and lay leaders to identify and recruit mission participants.
• Manage mission subsidies, if offered.
• Prepare and monitor mission budgets.
• Maintain complete and accurate records for all mission programs.
• Ensure that FRD staff has mission records for participant follow-up.
• Research options for future missions.
Qualifications and Skills:
• BA/BS degree
• Missions, travel industry, or similar experience preferred
• Knowledge of Israel and itinerary planning
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and writing skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Sense of humor and flexibility
• Strong personal commitment to the Federation mission
• Knowledge of the local Jewish community a plus
• Experience working with non-profits a plus
• Flexibility to work evenings and some Sundays
• Ability to travel, if necessary
• Experience and comfort in Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Must have been vaccinated against COVID-19.
Please send Cover Letter & Resume to: email@example.com
Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey prohibits discrimination based on the following protected categories: race, creed, color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, sex/gender (including pregnancy), marital status, civil status, domestic partnership status, familial status, religion, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information, liability for service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or disability
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org