Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey
Department: Financial Resource Development (FRD)
Reports To: Campaign Director
Location: Northern New Jersey
Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey is a non-profit philanthropic organization dedicated to creating a vibrant Jewish community in northern New Jersey. Federation cares for those in need, deepens engagement in Jewish life, and strengthens the bonds among Jews in northern New Jersey, in Israel, and around the world. Our primary functions are community planning and allocations, financial resource development, and leadership development.
The Manager, Business & Professionals Network, plays a crucial role in fostering a vibrant community of dedicated Business and Healthcare professionals, as well as next-generation donors in their 30s and 40s, who are passionate about supporting the mission of Jewish Federation. With a focus on excellence, the Manager spearheads the development and execution of a comprehensive strategy aimed at effectively engaging and cultivating donors within the $1,000 to $9,999 giving range for the annual campaign.
Furthermore, the Manager proactively nurtures connections with potential donors, employing a range of relationship-building techniques such as networking, outreach events, and intimate parlor meetings.
• Cultivate relationships with influential professionals and donors committed to creating a positive impact and establish a distinguished “Advisory Council” comprising valued leaders from the Business & Professionals and Healthcare sectors, who will passionately champion the cause of the Jewish Federation.
• Curate a comprehensive annual events calendar that strategically facilitates the process of building strong connections among diverse cohorts.
• Foster meaningful engagement with donors through personalized meetings, compelling events,
innovative programs, and other strategic initiatives, to actively support the mission of Federation.
• Seek donations from generous donors contributing between $1,000 and $9,999, while expertly
managing a portfolio of 100-150 donors, with a combined value exceeding $250,000, to ensure sustained financial support for Jewish Federation.
• Steward donors through appropriate organizational channels, including the Volunteer Center, JCRC, Board of Trustees, Center for Israel Engagement, Planning and Allocations, and others.
• Collaborate with the Special Events Coordinator to oversee the highly regarded Federation Full House poker tournament, driving crucial event fundraising through individual contributions and securing corporate sponsorships.
• Lead the management and recruitment efforts for the NextGen Philanthropy Program, an
exceptional leadership course that empowers emerging philanthropists, inspiring their active involvement in the impactful work of the Federation.
• Successfully recruit a minimum of two outstanding applicants annually to participate in the
prestigious Jewish Federations of North America’s National Young Leadership Cabinet, while
developing and maintaining an exceptional roster of prospects for future engagement.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as nonprofit management, business administration,
communications, or a related discipline.
• A strong understanding of Jewish culture, values, and community dynamics would be highly
• 3-5 years’ demonstrated experience in fundraising, community engagement, relationship building, or a related field would be advantageous.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and writing skills.
• Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite
• Self-motivated, ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Good sense of humor and a life-long learner.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently, creatively, and flexibly in a dynamic environment.
• Strong personal commitment to Federation’s mission.
• Knowledge of local Jewish community a plus.
• Flexibility to work evenings and some Sundays.
• Must have been vaccinated against COVID-19.
Please send Cover Letter & Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey prohibits discrimination based on the following protected categories: race, creed, color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, sex/gender (including pregnancy), marital status, civil status, domestic partnership status, familial status, religion, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information, liability for service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or disability.
To apply, please send Cover Letter and Resume to: email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org