Website Kol Dorot
A Reform Jewish Community
Kol Dorot, A Reform Jewish Community, is at the beginning of a successful merger of two long-time Reform synagogues. We will soon move to a new building in Oradell, NJ as we continue to grow our community. Our membership reflects the diversity of Bergen County and our congregation seeks to meet the needs of the Jewish community in creative and innovative ways. As part of our growth, we are seeking a part-time Administrative Associate to assist our Executive Director and main office 3-4 days per week with an average of 15 hours per week in a variety of ways that are significant to our successful daily operations. COVID Policy: All employees must provide proof of COVID vaccination.
· Answer and direct phone calls. Process deliveries and all incoming/outgoing mail.
· Perform customer service for congregants and community members.
· Assist in creating, editing, and sending synagogue communications, print publications, donor acknowledgement cards/letters, and general mailings for all events and holidays. Experienced in mail merges and printing labels.
· Maintain and update internal and public congregational calendars.
· Provide calendar and communications support to clergy.
· Maintain synagogue database on the ShulCloud platform.
· Strong bookkeeping skills including the processing and coding of all incoming invoices, checks, and outgoing payments. Scan and send all checks and supporting documentation to our accounting firm. Respond to internal queries. Speak with vendors regarding invoices, process payments, and explain charges/statements to members.
· Monitor office and building supplies inventory and equipment. Prepare purchases for approval.
· Place orders for Shabbat onegs and other events.
· The Administrative Associate is required to work on the High Holy Days, regardless of which days of the week they fall on.
· Perform other duties as required and consistent with this position.
· Demonstrates initiative, ability to multi-task, excellent clerical skills, and who adds to those skills good judgment and discretion, a warm and engaging personality, and the ability to respond to community members’ concerns with sensitivity and care.
· Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
· Keen eye for detail and exceptional at maintaining records.
· Required: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, QuickBooks, Google Sheets, Google Docs.
· Preferred: ShulCloud or ability to learn a membership database.
· Previous experience with Jewish organizations and/or non-profits is strongly preferred.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to sort, assemble mailings, operate office machinery, carry, push, pull, or move objects. The employee is frequently required to reach and stretch with hands and arms, stand, walk, and bend. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Please note: We do not provide medical or dental benefits.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org