Website Kol Dorot
A Reform Jewish Community
Kol Dorot: A Reform Jewish Community in Bergen County, New Jersey is seeking an Administrative Assistant to assist our Clergy and Executive Director with our synagogue 33 hours a week at $24 per hour, in a variety of ways that are significant to our successful daily operations. Computer/technical proficiency required. Proof of COVID vaccination required.
❏ Answer and direct all phone calls. Process deliveries and all incoming/outgoing mail.
❏ Front line for congregant requests in person, on the phone, and electronically.
❏ Assist in creating, editing, and sending synagogue communications, print publications, donor acknowledgement, Yahrzeit/Memorial letters, and general mailings for all events and holidays. Create forms for special events and Kol Dorot holiday activities. Experience in mail merge and label printing necessary. Create marketing materials for event announcements.
❏ Maintain and update internal and public synagogue calendars; provide calendar and communications support to clergy.
❏ Maintain synagogue database on the ShulCloud platform.
❏ Maintain Yahrzeit/Memorial records and oversee operation of the electronic Memorial Board.
❏ Support clergy in preparation of all worship events, including but not limited to Shabbat, holiday, and bar/bat mitzvah services. Duties include preparing order of services (often coordinating with Bar/Bat Mitzvah families), managing the ordering of food, supplies and coordinating logistics for worship events.
❏ Assist with scheduling clergy appointments.
❏ Order office and program supplies, coordinating with Clergy and Executive Director.
❏ The Administrative Assistant is required to work on the High Holy Days, regardless of which days of the week they fall on. There is an occasional requirement to work until 6pm on Tuesdays to support our Religious School when needed.
❏ Perform other administrative duties as needed.
● Demonstrate initiative, ability to multitask, excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Detail oriented and has a “can do” attitude.
● Discretion and good judgement, warm and engaging personality with the ability to respond to community members’ concerns with sensitivity and care.
● Ability to multitask efficiently and effectively in a busy office environment.
● Exceptional phone demeanor and overall patience.
● Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile, and tolerant in a changing work environment.
● Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others internally and externally.
● Required: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher)
● Preferred: ShulCloud or ability to learn CRM software. Adobe applications.
● Preferred: Experience/familiarity with synagogue operations
● Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to sort, assemble mailings, operate office machinery, carry, push, pull, or move objects. The employee is frequently required to reach and stretch with hands and arms, stand, walk, and bend. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Please note: We do not provide medical or dental benefits.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org