Website Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey
Department: Financial Resource Development (FRD)
Reports To: Director, Women’s Philanthropy
Location: Northern New Jersey
Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey is a non-profit philanthropic organization dedicated to creating a vibrant Jewish community in northern New Jersey. Federation cares for those in need, deepens engagement in Jewish life, and strengthens the bonds among Jews in northern New Jersey, in Israel, and around the world. Our primary functions are community planning and allocations, financial resource development, and leadership development.
The Women’s Philanthropy (WP) will be an integral member of Federation’s Financial Resource Development (FRD) Team with the primary responsibility of helping to foster the overall success and long-term direction of Federation’s FRD functions particularly in the Women’s philanthropy department which is responsible for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of approximately 150-200 donors. The incumbent will add value to the day-to-day operations of the FRD Department and will assist in the development and stewardship of Women’s Philanthropy’s $1000-4999 donors, “upgrading” prospects and cultivation of new donors. The incumbent will be responsible for helping to coordinate lay and staff resources to meet or exceed established goals and objectives within the FRD arena.
• In conjunction with the FRD management staff and lay leadership, help develop an aggressive strategy to increase donor participation in the Campaign.
• Work collaboratively with WP Director and lay-leadership to plan, develop and implement programs that advance the mission of Women’s Philanthropy.
• Cultivate and solicit an appropriate pipeline of donors and future donor prospects.
• Record all donor contacts in Millennium.
• Work with Women’s Philanthropy Director to manage and grow the Women’s Philanthropy Campaign.
• Help plan and staff various WP Campaign events.
• Manage Young Women’s Group
• Collaborate with team members to help ensure success with other affinity groups and Federation events as needed.
• Identifying and developing new women donors under 45; (Wellness Network, Young Family Initiative)
• Prospecting for new women donors
• Coverage of existing women donors and accounts under $5,000
• Manage active donor portfolio of 125-150 donors
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and writing skills; self-motivation, ability to work effectively as part of a team, sense of humor.
• 7-10 years’ demonstrated experience in fundraising, community engagement, relationship building, and/or network building
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Capacity to manage and organize confidential information.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Proficient in Windows environment, including MS Word, Excel, Database and Internet
• Ability to work independently, creatively, and flexibly in a dynamic environment.
• Strong personal commitment to the JFNNJ mission.
• Knowledge of Jewish community a plus.
• Must be vaccinated against COVID-19
Please send Cover Letter & Resume to: email@example.com
Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey prohibits discrimination based on the following protected categories: race, creed, color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, sex/gender (including pregnancy), marital status, civil status, domestic partnership status, familial status, religion, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information, liability for service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or disability.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org